Roll up! Roll up! Yes, Walsall Police Station will be throwing open its doors to non-criminals on September 25th for what I believe will be the most action-packed open day this side of Christmas!
The event, organised by Sergeant Rowlands, will see the cells thrown open for tours with all sorts of exciting events planned to give you an idea not only what we do at the station but also what our partner agencies do too and how we all work together.
The full line up of activities currently includes getting to -
• Visit the cell block and have your fingerprints taken
• Listen to our police band and hum along to hits such as ‘Every Breath You Take’ and ‘Roxanne’
• Meet a police drugs dog and giving him a rub on his belly
• Watch a truly stunning taser demonstration and self defence display
• Sit inside police traffic cars, make pretend engine noises and try on police equipment
• Talk to partner agencies including Walsall council, other emergency services including West Midlands Fire Service and the Ambulance Service
• View an RAF Griffin Helicopter at close quarters, which will land and spend a day with us
There’s a full list of all the activities on the Walsall LPU website but other highlights include getting to meet firearms officers, seeing the police helicopter flying past, watching a drill demonstration by the Sea Cadets and meeting your local officers who will be available for a chat.
I’ll be there too wondering around, eating ice cream and probably getting my face painted at some point – as you might be able to tell I’m as excited about it as you should be!
Admission is totally free and the event will be running between 10AM-3PM so I and everyone else involved look forward to seeing you there!